BK5 METAL BELLOWS COUPLING WITH TAPERED PRESS-FIT CONNECTION
- One side with a single radial clamping screw ISO 4762.
- One side includes backlash-free clamping hub and tapered press-fit device.
- Any imbalance of the clamping hub, is compensated with balancing bores located on the inside of the hub.
- Temperature range: -30° C to +100° C (-22° F to +212° F)
- Backlash: Absolutely backlash-free due to frictional clamp connection and axial pretensioning of the tapered male segments.
- Service life: These couplings have an infinite life and are maintenance- free if the technical ratings are not exceeded.
- Tolerance: On the hub/shaft connection 0.01 to 0.05 mm.
- Bellows made of highly flexible, high-grade stain- less steel
- clamping hubs up to series 80 aluminium, and 150 and up steel
- Tapered segment on hub face: glass-fiber reinforced plastic molded onto an aluminium hub.
- Speeds: Up to 10,000 rpm, over 10,000 rpm available with a finely balanced version.
- Brief overloads: Acceptable up to 1.5 times the value specified.
- Properties of Bellows Coupling model BK5:
- absolutely backlash-free and torsionally rigid
- easy mounting and dismounting
- wear-free and maintenance-free
- electrically and thermally insulated
- low moment of inertia
- compensation for misalignment